Peter Smith, Quantis’ Managing Director, has specialised in providing financial dispute resolution, fraud investigation and forensic accounting services for over 25 years. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of the Academy of Experts. He has given Expert evidence in the Royal Courts of Justice Family Division, numerous Crown Courts, Family Courts, the Lands Tribunal, Disciplinary hearings and Extradition proceedings.
Quantis, formed in 2004, is a member of the NIFA network of independent forensic accountants. Up until 2001, Peter was Director of Deloitte’s Northern Forensic Accounting Group and a Director of their Business Insurance Consulting Group. In 2001, Peter took up the position of Head of Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support Services at Dickinson Dees, Newcastle, which was one of only a handful of law firms to provide in-house Forensic Accounting Services to its clients. In addition, Peter continued to provide expert accounting and arbitration services to external agencies.
Peter is a co-author of ‘The Confiscation Manual’ published by Sweet & Maxwell.
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Member of the Academy of Experts
- Accredited Forensic Accountant and Expert Witness of ICAEW
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) approved Expert
- Founder Member – North East Fraud Forum
- Panel Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants President’s Appointment Scheme
- Appointed for Expert Determinations by local Law Society Presidents
- Member of Fraud Advisory Panel
- Police Liaison Officer for Northern Society of Chartered Accountants
- Member of Northumberland Golf Club
- Keen cricket watcher and member of Marylebone Cricket Club
Quantis is a member of the NIFA network of independent forensic accountants.