Peter Smith, Quantis' Managing Director, has specialised in providing financial dispute resolution, fraud investigation and forensic accounting services for over 20 years. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of the Academy of Experts.
Quantis, formed in 2004, is a member of the NIFA network of independent forensic accountants. Up until 2001, Peter was Director of Deloitte's Northern Forensic Accounting Group and a Director of their Business Insurance Consulting Group. In 2001, Peter took up the position of Head of Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support Services at Dickinson Dees, Newcastle, which was one of only a handful of law firms to provide in-house Forensic Accounting Services to its clients. In addition, Peter continued to provide expert accounting and arbitration services to external agencies.
Peter is a co-author of 'The Confiscation Manual' published by Sweet & Maxwell.
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Accredited Forensic Accountant and Expert Witness of ICAEW
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) approved Expert
- Founder Member - North East Fraud Forum
- Panel Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants President's Appointment Scheme
- Appointed for Expert Determinations by local Law Society Presidents
- Member of Fraud Advisory Panel Police Liaison Officer for Northern Society of Chartered Accountants
- Member of Northumberland Golf Club
- Morpeth Rugby Coach
- Keen cricket watcher